Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw Vegan
A bonus recipe not included in Easy Gluten-Free Entertaining by Christine Seelye-King and Aimee DuFresne.
What if I told you that you could make a soft-serve ice cream in minutes just using your blender? And what if I also told you that this ice cream not only tasted great, has all-natural ingredients and is also healthy? Are you jumping for joy as you salivate in anticipation? I thought so.
Well, wait no longer, here are the details on how to make the easiest ice cream ever.
- 3-5 ripe bananas, peeled, chopped, and frozen
- ¼ cup coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation and Instructions
- In a high-speed blender, put in the coconut milk, vanilla extract and frozen bananas.
- Blend, from low to high speed, until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately. If left out too long, the bananas will turn brown and mushy.
- Top with Mixed Berry Compote (Recipe in the Cookbook) or Chocolate Orange Fudge Sauce (Recipe in the Cookbook).
- The milk can be omitted but it does make for easier blending. You can also use a food processor although this takes slightly longer to achieve the desired result. The bananas will become grainy at first and then will eventually become smooth and creamy.
- Add frozen berries for a sorbet with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.
- Swap the bananas with ripe frozen mangoes.
- Using ripe bananas should ensure the ice cream is sweet enough. If you find it needs to be sweeter, add a little natural sweetener (e.g. maple syrup, stevia, coconut nectar).
Per Serving: 171 Calories; 4g Fat (20.5% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 4mg Sodium.